Saturday, September 22, 2007

Recipe for a Good Day

"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

This verse is one I have always liked but not always followed perfectly. Even though I would like to be joyful always I'm not always. And though I know that I should be thankful their are times that I complain. And though I know that God is always there to listen to me and help me in every situation and that He has left His Holy Spirit to live in me, I don't always take full advantage of that. I am so thank-ful for God's grace, that even though I don't always do everything perfectly and I don't always seek Him the way I should, He is still there loving me and helping me to do better.
Today was a good day of being joyful, thank-ful and talking to God about my day, through out my day. Days where all goes well are so encouraging and help me to remember that if I keep my attitude and relationship with God right every day can be that way.
We had some beautiful sunshiny fall weather today. I took the kids to the Boy's and Girl's Club special event. We had never been to the club before and were curious about it. One of the chiropractors in town but the fair on and they had a lot of prizes, and information about health and safety. They also served lunch of Sub sandwiches and carrots and pretzels. We had a good time. One of my favorite memories of today was as we were leaving they drew Aaron's (my 3 year old) number to receive a door prize. There was a prize table which he had looked over earlier and found a baseball helmet (Pink one!) that he wanted so when he was allowed to chose I figured that is what he would take. However as he went over to chose somebody mentioned that there were some vitamins there and Aaron perked up and asked "vitamins?" and quickly grabbed it and off we went. He was so excited to get a jar of vitamins that was his own and I was delighted that he made such a practical choice.
I spent much of the afternoon working on curtains for our bedroom and closet. I had hoped to have them done so I could post pictures of them. They are almost all done but not quite so I guess that will have to wait for another day.
I hope you have had a joyful, thank-ful and close to God day too!
Photos in this post were taken by my sister Keren.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your little story about aaron almost makes me cry, our kids are so funny, sweet, cute and smart I am so thankful to be a mom and aunty! -martha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin