Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Works for me Wednesday ~ Cleaning up bread dough


For many years when I made bread I struggled with getting the counter top or table cleaned off after the kneading. No more! This little plastic scraping tool works wonderfully! Just scrape all over the surface, wipe it up and you are done. You now have a nice clean counter.


My little scrapers I bought from Pampered Chef for a little over a$1 for 3. They are also sometimes given out as freebies from companies. I have heard you can buy them at stores but when I have gone to find them I wasn't able to. Not only do they work good for cleaning up when baking bread but are also wonderful for cleaning very dirty pots and pans that have stuff baked on them. This little tool certainly works for me! For more Works for me Wednesday tips visit Rocks in My Dryer.

11 comments:

Angie said...

Those tools r my best friends! I love them. I use them for a lot of my dish, and many other odd scraping jobs! Awesome things!

miranda said...

I don't know what I would do without my pampered chef scrappers...I use them all the time. They also help for dried playdough from almost any flat surface.

Anonymous said...

They also work great to remove pictures that are stuck in those sticky albums.

Esther said...

I love my pampered chef scrapers. There have been so many things that I have used them for.

Kate said...

I have never seen those before, they look great! Thanks.

CC said...

Okay, but can you help me HAVE enough counter space to knead my dough.... LOL!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those scrapers! I actually knead my bread in my big stainless steel bowl, but there are other times when I'm making pastry or biscuits that I scrape off the counter. Makes life much easier!

All in a Day said...

A friend gave me one, but it disappeared. I used it for everything and loved it.

NeedANap2 said...

I found mine at Target, but I had to search high & low!!

In The Potter's Hands said...

Absolutely love these!! I'm at a loss as to what to use when I can't find my handy little scraper. Nothing works better!!

Unknown said...

I found your blog after a google search of "cleaning up bread dough"
Thanks for the scraper idea, modified a piece of plastic i had and viola! less than 10 minutes to clean a huge mess.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin