Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


"It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
And to sing praises to Thy name, O Most High;
To declare thy loving kindness in the morning,
And Thy faithfulness by night,
With the ten-stringed lute, and with the harp;
With resounding music upon the lyre.
For Thou, O Lord, hast made me glad by what Thou hast done.
I will sing for joy at the works of Thy hands."
Psalm 92:1-4
I have been so very, very blessed and I am glad we have a national holiday that is set aside to spend extra time (in addition to the thankfulness we need to show daily) telling God "Thank you" for the many many ways He has blessed us!
We have a pretty relaxing day planned. I did get up nice and early (courtesy to one cute little girl!) and this morning I got the Turkey in the oven and made dinner rolls and pies. Now our family is mostly reading or playing games. We plan on eating a light lunch of leftovers and then the kids and I plan to nap ( I am looking forward to that!). This afternoon my parents, local siblings and a couple of friends are planning on coming over (Mom is helping out with some of the food) for more game playing, Thanksgiving supper and hopefully getting our family picture taken.
We hope you have a great day as well and that you remember to give Thanks to the One who deserves it!!

1 comment:

Homemaker Ang said...

hope you got that family photo taken and had a great thanksgiving! thanks for stopping in again!
Ang

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin