Monday, June 1, 2009

Hello June. Welcome!


Aren't new months fun and exciting? You never know quite what will take place but there are always special things to look forward to and anticipate. I am so thankful that God made the seasons which makes it so each month is a little different from the rest in the type of weather we have and the different things we will find outside. Here are some of the things we are looking forward to.

The month of June brings....

~Weddings. We have both friends and clients getting married which should add some beauty and fun to this month. A couple of friends are getting married in Southern MN. We are looking forward to traveling down there. Not only will it be neat to witness their vows to become one in God's eyes but we will also enjoy seeing and visiting with the many other friends that will also be there. We have other friends getting married in Malaysia. It would be so fun to go but that is not to be. We will shower them with our prayers however.

~Open windows. I love having the windows open and letting in the fresh air, the songs of birds and the sweet sounds of my children playing.

~School Vacation. That doesn't mean we won't still be learning (I have quite a lot of fun educational hopes for the summer -come visit on Wednesday for some details) but the workbooks are done and we are enjoying the break (We actually started a couple of weeks ago).

~Iris blooming! This being one of my very favorite flowers it is always exciting to me when they burst into bloom.
~The picking of Strawberries. And eating. And red, sweet juice dripping done my cute kids' chins. Oh and making some of them into yummy, yummy jam!

~More working on and hopefully finishing the tree fort! We are quite excited and have all sorts of plans for the finished product. The kids are hoping that lots of our friends (especially those with children) will come to visit.


~Weeding, weeding and more weeding. We have the garden nearly completely in and next will be to try to keep it weed free. I have never done that yet but I can always dream can't I? I actually do enjoy weeding too, I just never seem to have the time to do it all.

~T-ball and Little League. This will be our first summer to try this out. I have to admit I was not very welcoming to the idea but some (lets say ALL) boys in our family really thought it would be neat and so starting next week we will be leaving home 4 mornings a week to go spend time at the ball fields. I am still a little apprehensive but also a little excited. I think I should be able to get a lot of crocheting and knitting done!

~Lilacs, apple trees and so many other beautiful things blooming. It is so much fun and we just love seeing everything looking so lovely.

There are many other fun parts of June but those are some of the highlights I can think of right now. What are you all looking forward to this month?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin