Friday, October 16, 2009

Homemade hot fudge sauce for ice cream

The other day I made hot chocolate sauce for ice cream and thought... I need to share this on Frugal Friday.

It tastes so good and it is much cheaper than buying any chocolate sauce from the store. (Even the cheap chocolate sauces and this tastes way better!) I won't claim that it is good for you, IT ISN'T! but it probably is healthier than the store bought stuff as well.

Here is the recipe:
~3/4 cup sugar
~4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
~1/2 cup butter
~ 1/2 cup milk
put above ingredients into a pan and cook over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and boil for 2 minutes while stirring.
Then add: ~3/4 cup peanut butter
Stir it in and then your sauce is ready to use! Store leftover sauce in the fridge.

Oh that is making me a little hungry for something sweet..... :-)

4 comments:

Martha said...

Yum that sounds good. I haven't made that in a long while. Derek doesn't like it with the peanut butter so when I am making it to share with him I omit the peanut butter and add a teaspoon of vanilla instead.

Jena said...

I'm bookmarking this - thank you so much for sharing! We're still working on our last bottle of Hershey's syrup but when that's gone we'll need something else. Yum!

Moore Minutes said...

Oh, this sounds amazing!! I am for sure going to try this!
By the way, you have such a GOOD blog. I so enjoy it. :)

Abbi said...

I hope you all enjoy it! As Martha mentioned you don't have to put in the peanut butter I just think it tastes a lot better if you do!

Lisa, concerning my blog, thanks. I enjoy doing it and hope to encourage others through it with God's help. I have been enjoying your blog too, it is fun to meet others through blogging!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin