Sunday, December 13, 2009

Do not grow weary!


"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you do not grow weary and lose heart."  

                                                          Hebrews 12:1-3
Do you every grow weary? I know there are times that I do, but this verse has something to help us with that. We need to look to Jesus, concentrate on what He was willing to go through for us. We also need to be aware of all the witnessess that are cheering us on wanting us to make it. Don't give up! Keep going! You can do it! Another thing that is important - get rid of the things that are slowing you down and causing you weariness. What is pulling us from God? What is causing us to run slow? Throw those burdens off!
This is something I need to do some thinking, praying and working on. What about you?


3 comments:

Miri said...

Amen. The concerns of the world can too easily drag me down when I should be keeping my eyes on Jesus. I love this scripture and this reminder. Thank you for posting.

Martha said...

So be it. I like your picture. It brings back memories of my childhood. (said like a truly old person.) ;)

Anonymous said...

I am not surprised that the picture brings back memories of Martha's childhood. (: I think I see Megan way down the watery path wading in the water. Is that right?mom

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin