Tuesday, February 16, 2010

With Patience

Galatians 5:22 says that one of the fruit of the spirit is patience. This is important throughout life with everybody that we are in contact with and it is certianly important in our relationship with our husband.

  By nature I am not a patient person, I don't think very many people are. It is something I have to work on and I am very thankful to have the Holy Spirit working in my life so that patience can become a part of my personality. So with the Holy Spirit's help it is my goal to be more patient every day with everyone I am around.

  Here are some ways I think that patience is particularly important in marriage.
  1.  Husbands (and wives!) don't always get things done as fast as we would like them too. That is just the way it is, everybody is busy, everybody has different priorities as to what is most important. A nagging wife (one who is impatient) doesn't ever endear herself to her husband, I think these verses in Proverbs say it very well: "It's better to stay outside on the roof of your house than to live inside with a nagging wife." "It's better out in the desert than at home with a nagging, complaining wife." Prov. 21:9 & 19. Showing a little patience rather than nagging is a very good choice! :-)
  2. We are all a work in progress, our husbands included. They aren't perfect and so just like we appreciate them being patient with us, we need to be patient with them.
So my goal is to be PATIENT!

 "We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone." 1 Thessalonians 5:14

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin