Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Joy ~ a gift from God

holy experience
Joy: "A feeling or state of great delight or happiness, as caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying."
Oh how I love to be full of joy! God is so good to give us this gift. One thing that I have found to make my joy more full is to give thanks to God for all that He has given us. For several years I have been blessed by having a praise list in my daily prayer journal where I write down both big and small things (and in between) that I am thanking God for. When we spend our lives in gratitude, contentment and joy are quick to follow. I notice that to be especially true when I am not being grateful- at those times I don't feel very joyful either! 

   A while back I found Ann Voskamp's blog and what she called the joy community. It is a group of people intentionally giving thanks and reaping the benefit of joy. It has been wonderful to be a part of it.  

  So I am thanking God for the many wonderful things that have given me joy this past week....

 



#658 Teaching the kids at church on Wednesday nights from the book of Revelation and being truly inspired myself.

#659 Enjoying hands on activities to help us remember what we have learned. (We attempted to make a very very rough model of the throne room told about in Revelation.)

#660 The excitement in learning new things.

#661 Air conditioning.

#662 Visiting with a childhood friend.

#663 Fun times walking in the parade with conservative Candidates (Lee Byberg in this picture, who most of our family walked with.)

#665 Slightly cooler weather for when we had to walk in the parade.

 
#666 Friends that were willing to help out when I asked them.

#667 Cool ice cream cones on a warm day!

#668 Fun times with friends and family on the holiday.

#669 Living in a country that was founded on Godly principles.


#670 Trees for shade

#671 and climbing

#672 and simply looking lovely. I am really glad that God made trees!

#673 Enjoying a 3 plus hour game of Phase Ten with my family because Ken had the day off from work and we had time.

#674 My sewing machine.

#675 Freedom that we have in Jesus Christ.

#676 Joy and Peace that come from God.

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin