Sunday, July 11, 2010

Joy of Salvation

Oh boy, I have really slacked on blogging lately. But that is okay! :-) Summer's are busy and it is more important to spend time with my family than on this computer but I do miss our "visits" and I also miss writing when I don't blog very often. I like blogging because I think it helps me to think about things in a new way sometimes when I write things down.

  After saying I would be writing on Joy this month I haven't done very much of it. But today I want to share a verse with you that does talk about that subject and also one that we had fun singing and talking about at church tonight.

  "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit." Psalm 51:10-12

This was written by David after a horrible sin that he had done. This is something that I can feel deeply however as well. I want a clean heart too. God gave me a clean heart but I continue to mess up and need cleansing. I need renewing too. I want to always stay in God's presence and be filled with His Spirit. AND I want to continually experience the JOY that comes from Salvation through Jesus Christ. It is easy to become used to the fact that we have been given salvation and we lose our excitement about it. I want to always have that just saved JOY!

 I hope you are experiencing the joy that comes from salvation too!

1 comment:

Paul Barber said...

I think you should consider blogging longer about joy! I am enjoying your posts and I have been really working towards being joyful in all things! I am encouraged by reading these posts and things that have worked for you! Thanks so much for posting them!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin