Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Treasure....

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matt. 6:19-21
This another one of those great reminder verses. It is so easy for us (me!) to get caught up in thinking about our lives here, getting stressed about a project we want to get done, or putting all our efforts into things that will only be on this earth and forgetting to focus on what will last, namely relationships. I want to do more storing up of heavenly treasures by focusing on my relationship with God, my family and friends and also I want to put more effort into sharing the good news with others too! That is really treasure to see others chose to follow God too!

  It is so cool to realize where true prosperity and wealth come from. It comes from storing up treasures in heaven where nothing can happen to them and they will last for eternity rather than building up wealth that is only for a short time and it can be stolen or lost.

I hope you are also working to store up treasure in heaven!




p.s. It is fun to be back to blogging! I miss it and I miss hearing from you when I take a break, the break was good however as life has been very busy around here!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin