Monday, August 9, 2010

Consider it Joy

holy experience
As I continue on my joy finding journey I read this verse:
" Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trails, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4

I can't say I have found this to be very easy. So often the trials are what has left me lacking in joy instead of feeling joy. I really want to change that in my life. I want to be excited about the growth that I get to experience, realizing that God has things under control and that He is continually molding me and working in my life to make me to be a vessel that He can more effectively use for His kingdom.

So I want to be joyful in the trials too!

#677 I am thankful for having experienced health problems because it does cause me to grow and be more understanding of others.

#678 Going without a dishwasher for quite a few months. It has provided much prayer time for me while I hand wash the dishes.

And I want to continue to be thankful for and find joy in the many neat things that God blesses my life with each day!

#679 My four wonderful children!

#670 My loving husband.

#671 Cucumbers and other yummy produce from our garden.

#672 Beautiful sunsets!

#673 A new sister in Christ!
#674 Flowers blooming all over.

God is so very, very good!

2 comments:

Molly Anne said...

Lovely. I so enjoy your blog (even though I'm terrible sometimes about remembering to leave comments.) I've been recommending you to lots of my friends!

Abbi said...

Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin