Sunday, August 8, 2010

God will accomplish what concerns me.

"The Lord will accomplish what concerns me;
Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands."
Psalms 138:8

  This is such a neat verse! I have been so enjoying the time that I have been reading through Psalms lately. It reminds me over and over again what a great God that I have and how much He loves me and each and every one of us.

  I really like the first portion of the verse; "The Lord will accomplish what concerns me". That is so true but how often we forget it. We say we trust God but so often we tend to worry about things on our own instead of just giving everything to God. It reminded me of a current situations I am going through right now, having trouble sleeping well and feeling tired and sore so much of the time. I have to admit when I got up this morning I about felt like crying and as is my nature I just want to get it figured out so I can "fix it!". I still will work to figure out why I might be having problems but mostly I want to remember to give it to God, not worry about it, ask Him for wisdom and be willing to wait.

   As I have been reading through Psalms, over and over and over again I have read about God's lovingkindness. What a wonderful way to describe out wonderful God and so very, very comforting too!!! Lovingkindness includes favour, love, kindness, mercy and pity. Our God is certainly there for us!

  And we don't have to worry- God is not about to forsake us. He is faithful. Always.


1 comment:

Cassie said...

I love that verse. You've inspired me to read through Psalms again. Thank you :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin