Sunday, August 29, 2010

Come!

 "The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"
Everyone who hears this should say, "Come!"

If you are thirsty, come! If you want life-giving water, come and take it. It's free!"
Revelation 22:17

 Tonight at church we are planning on wrapping up our 3 months of teaching the kids from the book of Revelation on Wednesday nights. We are planning a special program to show some of the things we have learned as well as having snacks and other fun.

  As I was preparing for tonight I read the above verse and it really stood out to me as what God wants. He has so very much to give to us. He wants us to have what it good. He is offering it to anyone and it is free! We just need to be willing to take it!

  This verse is also for us who already said "yes" to God's free gift. We need to be busy telling others to "Come!". I want to do that more and I hope you do too.

  If you haven't accepted God's free gift, I highly recommend it! The bible explains all about it and if you have any troubles understanding, please feel free to e-mail me. I would love to talk with you about it.

  In my reading today I really enjoyed the entire chapter 22 of Revelation. I decided not to include all of it here as I know length sometimes stops people from reading posts but I recommend going and reading it!

2 comments:

All in a Day said...

What a great evening!!!!! Thanks for all the hard work you and Emily (and others) and the kids put into this. I had considered coming down for the classes but figured my kids would not get much out of Revelation. I do believe I was wrong!

Abbi said...

Thanks Shelly! It was fun to have you there. We really did have fun studying Revelation. That class took a lot more work to prepare for as It took a lot of studying before I felt ready to teach but it was good for us.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin