Sunday, October 24, 2010

Every good thing is from God

 "Then God said, "Let the earth sprout vegetation; plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them"; and it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good."..... Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;" Genesis 1:11, 12 and 29

Doesn't the account of creation just leave you in awe of God? Especially when you start to learn more and more about all the plants and everything else God made. God's creation is incredible and He created it all by speaking!

  This year as I have been studying up on herbs and all the health benefits they have I have been just been in wonder over the intricacies of all that God made. He thought of everything! It reminded me of this verse in James:

 "Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." James 1:17

  Our God knows all, He is unchanging and He is the giver of all good things. I have so much to thank Him for! What is really cool is that God isn't done showing us what He can do. When reading Revelation I enjoyed reading the descriptions that are in there of heaven.

Something I thought to be pretty neat was this description: "On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Revelation 22:2  It sounds like what we have here doesn't even compare with what is there. Won't that be neat!?!

Since I have been having fun learning about herbs I thought I would share some of what I have learned with you. So stay tuned for a week of herb related posts!

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I love to marvel at His awesome creation! Learning about how things work just make it even more amazing! I was watching this video some time back called Creatures that Defy Evolution and a docotor was saying how if you take any one part of the human body and study it even something like the ear or a toe it defys evolution. Not one part of the human body can be explained from begining to end in "evolution terms". I thought that was pretty neat.

ps I love herbs ... looking forward to that post :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin