Sunday, October 17, 2010

Not here forever!

 I have been enjoying reading Paul's epistles lately. Keren and I are teaching a Wednesday night kid's class from those books and so I am trying to absorb them as much as possible.

 There are some verses in 2 Corinthians that I thought would be fun to share with you. They are such good reminders that we are not here forever and we should spend the time we do have living for God. Here they are for you to enjoy too:

"Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day." 2 Cor. 4:16 Isn't this one encouraging? Especially those days when we feel tired and worn out, let's remember to let God work on our inner "man".

"For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." 2 Cor. 5:1 Do you keep that in mind, that what we have now is just our "tent"? I know I love going camping but there is no way that I would like to live in a tent all year round, I have a nicer place to stay in most of the year. We need to keep that in mind spiritually too, right now we are camping, in our tents but God has been building us a wonderful house that will be our permanent home. How exciting is that!?!

 "Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. " 2 Cor. 5: 9 & 10 Is it always my ambition to please God? I sure hope so! I hope it is yours too.

"For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf." 2 Cor. 5:14 & 15  Life in Jesus gives us purpose. When we try to just live for ourselves it is a dead end street, but living for Jesus gives us direction!

I hope you found these verses encouraging too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so right. It is about dying to self and not self esteem.

Bonnie Williams said...

Very good verses and reminders, Abbi. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin