Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A sweet baby hoodie for a sweet little baby


 I have really been loving the new babies around here and I have found that I am quite addicted to making little sweaters. They are fun and pretty fast and they look so cute! This one I made for Baby Sunita Grace who we had a shower for on Saturday. 
Here is the link to the basic pattern. I didn't follow it all the way (I know I always say that- I guess I have trouble following directions!) but used yarn that I had on hand and I made the front striped and then I mixed up other color placements too. I also decided to add little pockets to the front and a little tassel to the hood.

I was having fun using up this rose colored yarn. The tassel was added partly because I had about 1 foot of it left and it seemed a shame to let it go to waste. :-) I bought the Rose yarn way back when I was in college and I made a sweater for my mom with it at that time (though I didn't follow gage right and it was way to wide- last year I finally fixed it for her!).

Next project with the Rose colored yarn was a baby sweater for Mara when she was little. She didn't wear it much however as I put some wool yarn next to her neck and I decided it might be to itchy. I finally got it fixed up when Megan was little and she wore it quite a bit. (This post has a picture of Megan in that sweater.)

Then last year I made a sweater for Megan out of it. You can see the post about it here.

Last month I made another sweater set for another baby and I trimmed it with the rose colored yarn.

This was the last one to be made from that yarn and it was rather fun to reminisce about what all I had used it for. And now I am curious? Do keep yarn on hand at your home? Have you had some stashed for quite while? What has been a favorite project you have made with yarn?




3 comments:

Jackie said...

That is a sweet little sweater. I remember the other two you have made. I am sure the recipient will love it.

In answer to your question, I have a tote box of yarn that I have found at yard sales, been given or have purchased. I really need to get busy and use it up. I am going to try not to buy any more until I do.

JoannaTopazT said...

We have some yarn from a yard sale, too, and some from my grandmother's sewing things that I inherited. I don't really knit, so it has been used mostly in craft projects -- and to tie tomato plants up to their stakes and bundles of herbs up while they're drying.

Kathy said...

What an adorable little sweater for the little lady in your life. Love the colors and your story of the yarns journey.

I have two bookshelves lined with rainbows of skeins of yarns in my craft room. When I feel inspired I just go to my "stash". 9 times out of ten I will have it on hand.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin