Sunday, April 3, 2011

Loving discipline?!?

 How many of you loved it when your parents disciplined you as a child? How many of you love it when someone corrects you now? 

  Personally I never have found it much fun. As an adult when someone suggests I could do better in some area, I admit that I often struggle with feeling hurt. I don't think that is a good thing. In fact I think it is a pride problem. It makes me wonder if inside I am reacting that way to God when He disciplines me too?
This verse below was a good reminder to me this week of how I should be responding.

    "Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid." Proverbs 12:1
This is something I want to sink in! I need to love discipline and reproof so that I can grow and mature. I DON'T want to be stupid!

Hebrews 12:4-11 talks a lot about this too. I recommend reading it as well. I will share verses 5 & 6:
 "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor faint when you are reproved by Him; For those whom the Lord loves He disciplines, and He scourges every son He receives."
Do you need to learn to LOVE discipline too? Pleases join me in working on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just hopped over to your website via StumbleUpon. Not somthing I would commonly read, but I liked your thoughts none the much less. Thanks for producing some thing worth reading.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin