Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Busy days and I'm tired...

There has been a lot going on lately. It the time for end of year stuff like music recitals, finishing school, homeschool programs and such. We also love spending time outside and working in the garden and other stuff around the house. Politics is the other thing keeping us busy. Spring is a very busy time as we have conventions and such to go to but I think things will stay pretty busy until November now.

Last week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday were very busy. Ken and I headed down to central MN to attend the state Republican convention. At the convention we were a bit busier than normal as I decided it would be fun to volunteer to help register people (Friday morning was crazy busy doing that!) and Ken was running for national delegate so he had extra duties and meetings and such to attend.

   This convention was one of the most fun ones I have ever attended as I have been able to get to know people over the last few years and so we saw people we knew and were able to visit with them, as well as spend time with the friends that went with us from our area and also we got to meet new people too. It is fun to get to visit about issues together as well as gain ideas for how to spread the conservative message in our area and also getting to know our elected officials and those running a little bit better.

  Going to the convention I was reminded once again of the importance of being involved. I know that not everybody wants to be involved at the level we are and that is okay but it is very important that people that want our country to be founded on Biblical foundations and that want to stick to the Constitution are involved. Our country and the political parties are continually changing and it is those that are involved that get to make the decisions. If you aren't involved then you can't really complain when things don't go the way you want.

   Our country is going the wrong direction currently. We are deeply in debt, we are seeing more and more attacks against Christianity's foundations in places like the public school, government mandated health care and much more. We do need people that will stand up against those things.

  I am reminded of this verses from 2 Chronicles 7:14. God was speaking to the Israelites at that time but I think we need to follow His words today as well.

 "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. " 2 Chronicles 7:14



Ken did not make it on as National Delegate. He has chosen to get unified behind Romney as the presumptive nominee and Romney was not all that popular at our convention we found out. Ron Paul delegates won the day.

  I try not to talk about politics here that often and don't plan on starting now but I just thought I would share what has been keeping me busy lately and I do want to encourage you to get involved if you think our country needs to get back to it's foundations. Unless those that feel strongly about that will sit up and help out it is unlikely that our country will get back on track- it seems more likely that our country will collapse which I am hoping doesn't happen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin