Friday, June 15, 2012

I Don't Buy.......Buttons

  I enjoy sewing and crafting using buttons. If I were to buy all the buttons that we use we could end up spending quite a bit as last time I check buttons weren't all that cheap. There are easy ways to come by buttons however. I did get quite a lot of buttons from my Grandma so that has been my collection pretty large but I have collected quite a few on my own as well.

  Here are some economical resources for buttons:

  • Cut them off of worn out clothes (The clothes that I turn into rag rugs and such I also collect the buttons from).
  • Find them at garage sales and thrift stores. Sometimes you can find collections of notions and such which include buttons.
  • Receive them from others that see you making things and have them hanging around unused at their place.
  Something that is required here however is being willing to work with what you have. I can remember a couple of times I went out and bought buttons because I wanted something in particular but almost always I use what I have.

Do you have a button collection? (They are very fun!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin