Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A new dress for Mara

This past week Mara and I had fun fixing up a "new" dress for her.

We used....
A t-shirt that we got for free and a dress that I had bought while in college.

She didn't like buttons down the front so I cut the skirt off the top and then cut the buttons off the skirt and sewed that place together as the back seam.

Next I cut the t-shirt shorter and sewed the skirt onto it.
Then we added a white ribbon belt.
On the belt we put a little flower made out of leftover t-shirt fabric and a button.

More flowers were placed around the neckline.
My Mara girl is happy with her new dress.

6 comments:

Myers House said...

Recycling at it's finest :)

Thanks for sharing!

Becky R said...

love it

Lady Violet said...

What a pretty dress and a pretty girl wearing it. This is an idea I have long wanted to try out. Good for you, you have given me the push I needed to get on and try it :)

Nana said...

What a great idea! Mara looks so nice in it! What great things you are teaching your daughter.

Abbi said...

Thanks everybody!

Martha said...

Your Mara girl sure is a beauty.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin