Friday, November 9, 2012

My reaction to the election

This has been a busy and challanging week.
As I am sure you probably know- the election is over. It didn't go the way I had hoped for. My prayer had always been that God's will would be done and I do realize that I don't know or see the big picture and I believe that He can work through every situation.

 Wednesday was a day of a lot of thinking and praying on my part. It is so comforting to know that we have a God that hears our every prayer and who is truly looking our for us and can handle ANY situation.

I also did something that I often do whenever I am feeling stressed, worried, sad or happy - I sat down at the piano with my hymn book and I played and sang. Singing songs of prayer or worship to God can truly help to get my focus back on track.

Some of the songs that really touched me were "Count Your Many Blessings" and "Teach me Thy Way, O Lord" I found some videos on Youtube of them so that you can enjoy them as well.
 



 I am not sure what is going to happen with our country, though I think there will be difficulties, but I do know for sure that God will be with us every step of the way.

  What I plan to do now is seek Him completely, share the good news of salvation with others, enjoy my simple life with my family and strive to prepare for possible difficulties (a financial crash, etc). I do feel that more than ever now we should work on preparing for emergencies. I will probably be blogging on that subject a bit more now. I will also be doing a lot of praying - including praying for ALL of our elected leaders. I hope you will do the same!

May you have a blessed weekend!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am right there with you when it comes to sharing the gospel more, praying for our leaders, and preparing!

I took inventory the other day and have realized I have let it dwindle down some and need to restock. Plus changing our diets a little I need to stock some different items.

Looking forward to reading your posts on stocking up!

Rhoda said...

It didn't go the way I had hoped either, even though I'm not even in America! I also used to do the same thing as you, play hymns on the piano when I was feeling discouraged. Since having little kids I have found it harder to do that but I think now that they are growing up I will be able to do it more. I used to sing 'Teach Me Thy Way' sooooo many times as I was cycling along to work, school and university. I love those words, and 'Count your blessings' too.

Maydijo said...

The 2012 election will long be remembered as my favourite! We were holidaying in Yangon, Myanmar (formally Rangoon, Burma) and the only English-language coverage we could get was from Russia Today. Their "news" is so laughably poor, it was somewhat like watching a long, extended Saturday Night Live spoof. For example, from Russia Today, I learned that Romney and Obama are the same person (Obamney) and so it doesn't matter who wins the election, and hey, here's a random picture of Putin with a bear. My kids get up early, and so we'd switched on coverage around 6 AM; by 10 AM I realised I couldn't make them watch Russia Today all day - given the quality of the election coverage, it probably bordered on child abuse -so we hopped in a cab and went to visit a park which, in past days, was a royal garden. Those days are long past - we spent a couple of hours walking along a decrepit boardwalk with nails sticking up in random places, and several boards missing. When we got half-way around the park we were told we'd have to pay another $5 for the privilege of walking around the other half, so instead we hopped in a cab and went back to the hotel. (While Yangon is cheap compared to many places in Europe, by the standards of SE Asia it's rather expensive - we'd just spent $15 to walk half-way around a lake!)

By the time we got back to the hotel the election was over, but never fear, Russia Today provided us with accurate and prescient post-election coverage, such as: It doesn't really matter who wins, they're both the same person, and hey, here's Putin with a reindeer.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin