Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Our Family and Politics {Please Vote!}

 I know many people who just can't wait for this election to be over because they are tired of hearing about politics. I am eager for the election to be over too but not because I am tired of politics but rather because I want to know the result!

  I think our family might be strange but we really rather enjoy the election cycle and getting involved. This Sunday was even took an 8 + hour round trip just for the fun of attending a political rally.

  Paul Ryan flew in to MN this weekend and we were there along with over 6,000 others. It was pretty fun. We did also go down to the cities in time to go to the church of Christ in Fridley, MN where we saw a bunch of friends.
 In the picture above Chip Cravaak, Michelle Bachman and John Kline (all MN representatives) were walking by where we were sitting.
 Paul Ryan brought his family along. I always like it when I see the family involved. It looked like his kids were having a great time.

I do feel that it is very important that we as citizens of the United States take the time to educate ourselves about those running and then go out and vote!
Yesterday I saw this on facebook and I think it fits pretty well along with what I think (and I am hoping you might think) so I thought I would share it....


1. I will vote for the most pro-life candidate, because God hates the shedding of innocent blood. Proverbs 6:16-17
2. I will vote for the most pro-Israel candidate, because God blesses those who bless Israel & curses those who curse them. Genesis 12:1-3
3. I will vote for the most pro-man-and-woman-marriage candidate, because God clearly establishes and defines marriage in Genesis 2:21-24.
4. I wi
ll vote for the candidate who most closely believes that the purpose of government is to reward the good & punish the evil. Romans 13
5. I will vote for the most pro-debt reduction candidate, because the borrower is servant to the lender. Proverbs 22:7
6. I will vote for the most pro-work candidate because God says if a man does not work, neither shall he eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10
7. Finally, I will vote based as close as I can on God's Word, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, knowing that whoever gets elected, God is the one who puts men in authority. Daniel 2:21
I WILL VOTE THIS WAY BECAUSE MEN AND WOMEN OF ALL FAITHS HAVE FOUGHT AND GIVEN ME THIS RIGHT!
 
I think it is important that we as Christians strive to use God's word as the guideline for everything that we do!
 
One more thing....
 
While we were down in the cities and attending the Paul Ryan event I was hopeful that we might get to see the Bills family. Kurt (the dad) is running for US Senate here in MN and over the course of this election our families have had the opportunity to get to know each other and we have truly enjoyed spending time with them.
 
  When we were sitting up in the bleachers we did see them walk by but it was to noisy and so crowded we couldn't get their attention. But when we left we went out to the parking lot and it just so happened we were parked pretty close to them and they came out just as we were getting ready to leave so we were able to visit a little bit. It was very fun to see them again, tell them we were praying for them and try to encourage them a bit.
 
Jonathan and Megan in front of Kurt's bus after a parade this summer.
  Kurt has an uphill battle for this Senate race here in MN but he would be a simply excellent Senator. He feels strongly that government needs to be smaller and he is not afraid to tell the truth and act on it. We need people that don't always wear blinders to the realities of life and try to avoid the real issues. We need people the understand economics the way he does (he is a high school econ teacher), as well as understanding history and who have a strong faith in God.
Kurt speaking recently in our town.
If you haven't voted yet and are in MN would you please go and vote for Kurt and would you tell others about him too?

If you would like more information please visit his website or his sweet wife Cindy's blog.

I hope you have a great day and that you pray for wisdom and go out and vote!

2 comments:

Greg and Donna said...

I agree on all your points of who to vote for. It still baffles my mind that "Christians" can vote for pro-choice, pro-homosexual marriage, etc. Evidentally, they are not versed in what the Bible says about these issues!

Nola said...

This makes a lot of sense what you said about voting in the person who most represents the things that God sees as right. I will keep this in mind the next time we have an election here (I am in Canada).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin