Sunday, December 2, 2012

The High Calling {E-mail newsletter review}

 The High Calling I was recently asked to do a review of "The High Calling" a weekly e-mail newsletter. I had never heard of it before but as it said it was a christian newsletter I thought it would be worth checking out.

Here is what the website says about their mission:

"TheHighCalling.org seeks to create opportunities for Christian leaders to encounter God through new media tools for the transformation of daily life, work, and our world. Christian leaders are in all aspects and activities of daily life—including home, community, leisure, as well as occupation."
 
I had fun checking out their newsletter (reading several weeks worth that were in the archives). In each newsletter there is a short audio clip, a short video and several articles all of the ones I read being pretty brief and easy to read and enjoy.
 
  I read various articles on various biblical principles like gratitude, helpfulness, using our gifts, enjoying work and loving and caring for your family. Whenever I review something I am always on the lookout for possibilities of the writer(s) presenting something that doesn't go along with scripture but in the articles that I read (but bear in mind that I have not read every article of this newsletter) seemed to go along very well with the truth of scripture.

  I guess what I liked best about the newsletter was that it was encouraging for my christian walk but it was also very brief and easy to read - it didn't take a large time commitment in order to get something out of it.
   They also have many beautiful graphics to enjoy as well. The ones in this post came from their site.
 
I found the newsletter to be encouraging so I subscribed to it. Perhaps you would like to as well (it is free).
 
Disclaimer- I am to receive a $10 Amazon gift card for reviewing this newsletter - the views of it are however my own and completely true.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin