Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Do unto others....

This afternoon I read an article by Lee Strobel and in it he suggests that every month you ask yourself the question "How would I like to be married to me?" This questioning time is not supposed to be an opportunity to pridefully think of all our virtues but rather to notice the things that we should be working on. (But then again do look at yourself in a balanced light I know some people struggle more with tearing themselves down rather than pride so maybe this little project wouldn't be so well fitted for you unless you can keep it in balance).

 Just take the time to look at yourself honestly and then try to adjust anything in your life (maybe grumpy moods or whatever) that would make yourself a better spouse.

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."
Matthew 7:12
 
This has been good food for thought for me. I hope you find it that way as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin