Sunday, January 5, 2014

Have Patience

It is my desire to grow to be more patient this year. That is a fruit of the Holy Spirit and it will be a result of His work in me. One of the ways that they Holy Spirit works is through the Bible and so I decided it would be a good idea to look at some verses that talk about patience to encourage me in that area. I hope they encourage you as well!

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant" 1 Corinthians 13:4

"And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all." 1 Thessalonians 5:14
 "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!" Psalms 37:7

"Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience" Colossians 3:12
 "As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience" Luke 8:15

"with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love," Ephesians 4:2

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."  Romans 12:12

  I am so very grateful for God's patience with me as I make mistakes over and over again. I hope that I can learn to be like Him and be patient with others. No matter if the situation is stressful - whatever is going on- I want to be like Jesus and be patient! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin