Sunday, January 19, 2014

One

An old picture of Aaron and a baby goat that I found while going through old files that I like.
I am currently reading through the book of Ephesians. It is such a good book to encourage Christians in their walk with Jesus.

 Today I would like to share with you a section where Paul (inspired by God) implores Christians (of which I am a part) to live with other Christians in the way that we should.

Ephesians 4:1-6
  "Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all."

Humility, gentleness, patience, tolerance in love, diligence in unity.... all things that I need to work on. It is so easy to think of myself first, to be proud and forget about humility. I don't know about you but sometimes I just feel like pushing on, pushing others to do what I think needs to be done and meanwhile completely forgetting about gentleness. Impatience - that is something I struggle with every day. Impatient because I have to wait, impatient because others don't do things the way I think they should - just impatient. Being diligent to work towards unity - well I can struggle with that too - it is easy to think about me and what I want and fail to work towards unity and what is best for all of the body.

  We could get discouraged when thinking of the growth that we need in our lives, but let's not do that! Let's instead take it as a challenge. We need to realize that God sent His Spirit to work in us and the power He has is beyond amazing. He is willing to change our hearts and our lives when we let Him.


  • Are you a part of the one body... Christ's Church?
  • Are you filled with the one Spirit? 
  • Are you excited about the one hope?
  • Are you following the one Lord?
  • Do you believe the one faith?
  • Have you been baptized with the one baptism?
  • Are you trusting in our one God and Father?
I hope so!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin