Sunday, July 6, 2014

Words

"But I tell you that every careless word that people speak they shall give an accounting for it in the the day of judgement."
Matthew 12:36

  This is a verse that was in the section of scripture that I read for my morning devotions recently but even before that this message has been going about in my mind. This teaching is something that I have been feeling convicted about lately.

  Mostly anybody that knows me will also know that I can talk quite a lot. I don't find it hard to visit and many, many words can come out of my mouth in one day. That gives many opportunities for careless words. Words that might tear someone down, words that might spread information that shouldn't be spread, words that may say something that is unkind, words that may not be gentle or respectful.

    The tongue may be very hard to tame but with the Holy Spirit working in our life and if we strive to devote all the we say to God's glory I think progress can be made. I am rededicating myself once again to have words that always glorify God - If this might be something that you struggle with as well I would request that you join me in asking God to use each word that we say to His glory!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Yes, Amen Abbi, me too! I have found myself thinking twice before speaking especially to my precious family, even just little things.

Bless you!

Abbi said...

Amelia,
Thanks for the encouragement. So nice to know that others are working on the same thing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin