Friday, November 28, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well the eating is over for the day, so is the visiting, music and game playing. What still remains is a very thankful heart! God has blessed us so very much - there is no way I can thank Him for everything. Today at the nursing home my Mother-in-law and I sang "My Tribute" by Andrae Crouch and the words in it are really fitting to how I feel. It starts: "How can I say thanks for all the things You have done for me? Things so undeserved yet You gave to prove Your love for me. The voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude......." Here is a Gaither recording of it if you want to hear the song.

  Try as I might I will never be able to express my gratitude. It is beyond me but that doesn't mean I am not going to try. :-)

   I thought here tonight - on Thanksgiving Day in 2014 I would share fourteen things that I am thankful for. I could list 2014 things but that might take a while and it would be pretty long to read. I did list over that amount this year so far in my Thanksgiving section of my prayer journal.

My dad and brothers singing a song of Thankfulness in church on Sunday.
Here is my list:


  1. A Heavenly Father who loves me and has provided for my salvation through His son Jesus Christ. There is no greater gift.
  2. A wonderful family. A loving husband, 4 wonderful children to enjoy and laugh with and love, parents, in-laws, siblings and their families and the list goes on and on. Family is wonderful!
  3. The Church - the body of Christ. I am so thankful to get to be a part of it.
  4. God's word. Instructions for life that never go out of date.
  5. A warm home to live in. (After living in a chilly garage for a while this holds new meaning)
  6. Music. Music is a wonderful part of our life. Something we can use to worship our Lord, something that our family and friends can enjoy together. We have found it to be a tool to bring sunshine into other's lives which then also brings sunshine into ours.
  7. An indoor flushing toilet. After 3 months of outhouse use - we got a toilet on Monday and we are pretty excited! Our temperatures today were generally below zero and so that made us especially thankful for getting to stay indoors for this.
  8. Written Words. We sure love books and we also have been enjoying writing too. I love seeing my children write. It is exciting how they might be able to use their writing to spread God's good news.
  9. Work. I am thankful that God has given us purpose here on Earth. I enjoy being able to use my energy and work and accomplish things for Him.
  10. Water. Having our own water from our own well now is pretty exciting. 
  11. Health. We have been very blessed to be pretty healthy.
  12. Beauty. There is beauty around us all the time if we look for it. I am thankful that God choose to make things beautiful not just functional.
  13. Abundant provision of all that we need.
  14. Sleep - that is what I am looking forward to right now. Goodnight! :-)

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin