Sunday, October 25, 2015

Why I Believe Jesus Came to Earth as God in Human Form

Last week I was visiting with someone about Bible things and as our conversation went along I was rather shocked to find out that they did not believe that Jesus was truly God. They believed that He was the Son of God (which He is) but they didn't believe that He was/is God that came down in human form to live among us.

   I was frustrated with myself that I didn't have more verses memorized and at the ready in my mind (I am not a good debater - not that I really want to be, that isn't my style - but I would like to have a bit quicker memory when false teachings are thrown at me) so that I could share them. So later at home I kept saying "Oh, why didn't I remember that verse?!" So here are some of those verses that I wished I would have remembered plus more that I found....

   "See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather that according to Christ. For in Him all the fullness of the Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;" Col. 2:8-10

  "Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," Which translated means, "God with us". Matthew 1:23

  Jesus says in John 10:30: "I and the Father are one." The Jews were very upset with His words here and wanted to stone Him because they said that He a man was claiming to be God. Jesus answered them with his final words being "The Father is in Me, and I in the Father." John 10:38

 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
 "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

  After Jesus rose again and then appeared to Thomas and had him put his fingers in his hands and his side "Thomas answered and said to Him, My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, because you have seen Me, have you believe? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." John 20:28 & 29

 "Looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus," Titus 2:13

 I believe that Jesus is truly God and that He also truly became man and came to live among us and was the sacrifice for us. How about you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin