Monday, March 14, 2016

Daily Bible Reading Challenge

How was your Bible reading this week? Did you find it encouraging? Where you able to do it every day? Are you working to read through it all in a year?

  I have really been enjoying the book of Acts. This book tells so much about the early church and I really enjoy reading it and looking to it for examples to show me how I also should live. Most of my favorite verses this week were from the book or Acts. I have been reading it on my own  each morning in the NAS version and then I am reading it to the kids after breakfast in KJV. It is fun to see the differences. I am also reading through Psalms (after lunch with kids) and Leviticus (naptime - just me) this month as well.

What scripture this past week prompted me to worship God more?
"Opening his mouth, Peter said: "I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him." Acts10:34-35

The blessing of God wanting all nations is so very wonderful. That means He wants me!

What scripture touched me?
"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; they will not be ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gate." Psalm 127:3-5

I know this is true and I find it wonderful!

What scripture prompts me to action?
"So Peter was kept in the prison, but prayer for him was being made fervently by the church of God." Acts 12:5

I want to grow in my prayer life and I really appreciate how this one shows the power of prayer. Peter was in prison and I don't think the outcome looked very good but the people prayed and God is much strong than any heavily guarded Roman prison! God is still strong today. He can do amazing things - maybe He sometimes simply waits for us to get serious about praying.

Interesting fact:

Speaking of Peter getting out of prison.... that is a pretty cool story. Here are some neat facts:

"When they had passed the first and second guard, they came to the iron gates that leads into the city, which opened for them by itself; and they went out and went along one street,  and immediately the angel departed from him." Acts 12:10

I love how God made the gate open by itself. How cool is that?!


  What did you gain from you Bible reading this week? I would love to hear!

2 comments:

Greg and Donna said...

I love that, the more you read the Bible, the more you discover about the love of the Lord. It amazing to reread old passages and suddenly have your eyes opened to a new truth from Gods word. I have been reading Esther ~ I have a study bible, so I also read all the corresponding notes for the verses. Reading Proverbs, Psalms and just finished Titus. Our Pastor does verse by verse preaching and we are going through 1 Corinthians on Sunday mornings. donna

Abbi said...

Donna, Thanks so much for your comment! It is so true that the more you dive into God's word the more you understand Him and his wonderful love. Thanks for sharing what you have been reading lately!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin