Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Daily Bible Reading Challenge

Just some quick thoughts on life... Is there ever enough time to do all that you would like to do in a day? I don't find it so. There seems to always be another project that I would love to work on, another person I would love to visit with, another area that I would love to clean, another blog post I would like to write, another song I would like to play, another book I would like to read to my kids, another walk I would like to take with my husband and so forth. I love my life and all the ways God has blessed me, but it is busy. :-) I have heard people say to just do what you really love and forget about the rest. Well, even when I do that I still struggle to do all of that. And it isn't that I am slow, I tend more towards getting things done pretty efficiently. It is just that there are so many things that are fun to do!

Be that as it may be I am just going through life one step at a time and doing what I can do and trying to enjoy it fully and not worry about what isn't getting done. One thing I am working on (and I hope it might help to free up some time) is getting rid of excess in our lives (an unending saga of my life).

  One thing that is important every day no matter how busy life gets is spending time with my Lord - both in prayer and in reading His word. Here are some treasures that I have found in His word lately:

What has caused me to worship God more? 
"For we did not follow cleverly devised tales when we made known to you the power and coming or our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, "The is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased"- and we ourselves heard this utterance made from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain." 2 Peter 1:16-18

When we talk about Jesus we are talking about majesty! Sometimes it is easy to just think about Him as he was going about in the flesh but that wasn't nearly all of who Jesus is - and even when He he was walking on earth as a man He was still filled with majesty. He is completely awesome! The book of Revelation is a good one to read if you need to be reminded of that.

What Scripture touched me?
"The Lord said; "Jeremiah, I am your Creator, and before you were born, I chose you to speak for me to the nations."

I replied, "I 'm not a good speaker, Lord, and I'm to young."
"Don't say you're to young, " the Lord answered. "If I tell you to go and speak to someone, then go! And when I tell you what to say, don't leave out a word! I promise to be with you and keep you safe, so don't be afraid." Jeremiah 1:4-8 (Contemporary English Version)

Can't you just relate to Jeremiah? So often we feel like questioning what God has called us to do. To find excuses that it just won't work for us. We need this same admonition that He got - we need to move forward without fear!

What prompts me to action?
"But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him? Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue but in deed and truth." 1 John 3:17 & 18

My prayer is that I won't just tell people that I am praying for them or say "I hope things work out for you, etc." but would rather do something to help them the best I can as well.

What interesting fact did I read?
"But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God." 2 Peter 1:20 & 21

The Bible is true and came from God. I believe this wholeheartedly - which then means that I should obey it and live by it. I am trying to do that with God's help. What about you?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I loved these verses you shared. I, too, struggle to find enough time to do what I want to do. God is teaching me to just slow way down and focus on the ones in my own household...they are the ones I love the most and the ones who need me most. They are our first priority after our own souls. What a noble calling we are called to as wives and mothers and keepers at home! It fulfills the deepest dreams of my heart, as I am sure it does yours, too. Have a Merry Christmas!

Abbi said...

You are very right Cheryl. I too when I feel completely overwhelmed, I try to step back and check to see if my priority of God and my family are top. That does help.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin